Wine tasting parties in your home, expert training and support, a success kit to help you get started, regional meetings, and an annual Harvest Conference to celebrate together. These are the keys to the life of a Wine Guide with Traveling Vineyard, the exciting new business model for direct sales of wine.
In 2001, Rick Libby, who calls himself the Chief Grapestomper and Head Cheerleader, came up with the concept of having wine tastings in the home. Taking the lead from some other successful home party companies selling plastic containers and kitchen gadgets, the in-home wine tasting idea took off.
By 2005, thousands of independent consultants were hosting thousands of events in 26 states. The difference with Traveling Vineyard’s direct sales model is low start-up costs, no hidden fees, and no on-hand inventory. The wines are exclusive to Traveling Vineyard and the company takes pride in vouching for the quality of their award-winning product. Home tastings, that are in a very comfortable atmosphere, allow people to sample before buying and have fun doing it.
Benefits of joining Traveling Vineyard include five ‘F’s:
- Flexibility – work when you want and as much as you want
- Financial Reward – bring in a little money or a lot, it’s up to you
- Fun – tasting wine, sharing information, getting together with other Wine Guides
- Fulfillment – new challenge, contribute to family income, push your limits
- Friendship – part of a team that supports, meets regularly, enjoys each other’s company
The company’s presence on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter is huge, demonstrating the interest in Traveling Vineyard as a growing concept in making friends, sharing interests, and being an independent wine consultant with a great company.